What Is IVF Therapy?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is an advanced fertilization process whereby sperm fertilize an egg outside the body. Actually, the process is a kind of egg fertilization and implantation using the latest medical technology and treatments. IVF consist of stages of ovulation, induction (egg production), egg retrieval, fertilize the eggs with sperm in a lab setting, embryo transfer, pregnancy.
When the IVF recommended for?
- If you can’t become pregnant naturally after trying for at least six months
- If you can’t become pregnant after the use of medications and other fertility treatments
- If the parents are carriers for certain genetic conditions or diseases and they don’t want to pass it on to a child.
What kind of infertility can treat with IVF?
If the one of the partners has been diagnosed with:
- An unexplained fertility problem
- Problems with the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Poor egg quality
- Problems with ovulation
- Low sperm counts
- Antibody problems that harm sperm or eggs
- The inability of sperm to penetrate or survive in the cervical mucus
- Genetic disease of mother or father
How much does IVF cost?
In vitro fertilization tends to be pretty expensive. Many insurance plans don’t cover fertility treatments entirely. The fees for 1 cycle of in vitro fertilization include medicines, procedures, anesthesia, ultrasounds, blood tests, lab work, and embryo storage. The exact cost of a single IVF cycle varies, however it is starting from €3000 in the clinics we recommended.